Dave Charles, CEO of Media RESULTS Inc. would like your thoughts and suggestions on developing a NEW playbook for radio in 2023.
This is for all radio formats not just music formatted stations.
Send Dave your thoughts and ideas directly to (email@example.com) All ideas will be credited by the author.
To get you started, some of his ideas revolve around the following areas.
- Personality development for all formats. In what ways can we find and create the next generation of radio talents?
- Developing a comprehensive digital strategythat drives audiences back to radio.
- Intern programs for the best radio studentsfrom Seneca, Humber, Toronto Metropolitan, NAIT, SAIT, Mohawk, Fanshaw, Loyalist, and Carlton to work at local radio stations to develop their skills while being paid minimum wage.
- Listener-driven music features. IE ‘My Radio Show’ Weekend listener created specials.
- Mini Music documentaries. Ala Alan Cross’s ‘Continuous History of NEW music’
- A focus on using texts messaging on radio stations for all contests and current info. Every text gets through where not every email does.
- Getting rid of station imaging with slogans that are boring. Example, Star Wars zips and zaps sounders are very dated but still being used!
- A REAL community outreach with a live station presence. An investment must be made here. This requires a dedicated crew of talents to work all neighbourhoods and been seen as part of the community they serve. This can be sponsored to under-write this much needed investment.
- Updating important News and information immediately in a rolling format. IE PROSTEST AT YONGE AND DUNDAS AS AN AREA TO AVOID AT THIS HOUR…STAY TUNED AS WE UPDATE THIS SITUATION’.
- Supporting Local Community Charities that matter. Food drives, shelter for homeless, ALL Lives Matter. ‘A Day to Listen part two’ for continuous Indigenous awareness and knowledge.
What are your ideas that will make radio better in 2023 that are viable and in tune with your audiences?
Let’s make Radio better through continuous improvement.
Send your ideas to Dave Charles (firstname.lastname@example.org) All ideas will be published with a credit to you.
Read more at: https://radioinfo.com.au/news/its-time-for-a-new-radio-playbook-dave-charles/ © RadioInfo Australia
Originally published in: